Friday, January 16, 2009

Wedding Stuff

So, I really wanted to put some pictures up of my dress; however, I am not sure how often Deven looks at our blog. I don't think he does anymore, but I have to be careful. Maybe I will just email some pictures. I half don't want to because my pictures won't do it justice. There are so many details that my crappy camera wouldn't pick up. I want to wait until I get bridals then I will send pictures. How about that? I have accomplished tons of things so far. I have picked out my cake, it will be my imaginitive creation...Anna's real creation. It will be gorgeous. I have finally started getting the finishing touches on the brides maids' dresses. Things are going well I think. We are going to be renting a backdrop from somebody in the ward along with a gazebo and the little linked lights that will lead into the church for the reception. Amy will be decorating the backdrop and doing the centerpieces. I think it will be really pretty. The reception will be at the new church that just barely got dedicated, it's down on 2300 past the Patterson home. I haven't seen it, but I guess it's really nice. So, I am excited...46 days. I still need to make an appointment for engagement pictures, but that will probably be at the end of january when I get my other ring. Then, there is bridals. I am just excited to get to wear my dress for a little bit. Deven feels a little short-changed because he won't get to see me in my wedding dress unitl after we are married, cuz I am getting married in my temple dress. He told me that most guys get to see them right before they get married...sorry Deven...that is just the way it goes. So I started getting some "Fun" gifts...how funny. Anyway, Deven still needs to pick out what tuxes he wants and I need to go with his mom to pick out my flowers and help design my bouquet. It's official, I got the letter from the Logan temple. We will be getting married on March 3, 2009 at 10:00AM, or 1:00PM Halifax time. We also need to get the marriage license, but we won't need to do that for a while. Lots to do, sorry this is a post without pictures. I love pictures, but I am posting from a computer that doesn't have a USB port, so sorry. I miss everyone, I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to talk or hang out with hardly anyone but Deven, of course. I have been crazy busy working on all of the above and making wedding list for invitations and making lists for showers that people are throwing me. Crazy. I gotta go, love ya!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!! You better send me an invitation, missy! I'd love some pictures of your dress. kpoorte25@hotmail.com I'll also e-mail you my new address for the wedding list.

Jana said...

Sounds like fun! I can't wait for it all to happen, you'll love it! And I want to see your dress, maybe when I come up next weekend.

Beckey said...

I can't wait to see your dress...and your ring too! Send pics asap! Love you!

Madison said...

Hi nan, yay for you wedding. Mommy is being mean and won't let us go home for the wedding. :>(
Talk to you later.

Bailee said...

WHOA... I forgot that I had a sister!! Until I got on Madison's blog and it said that you updated. I got on yours and was like.. I think that girl looks familiar but I wasn't quite sure.. Wow.. So how are you?? Where are you living now?? Haha just kidding I love you sissy poo!!! I'm excited for your wedding! Love Bobbygail

Anonymous said...

Kenzie you are so on top of thing. I can't believe you are taking on so much. But the good thing about it is that you are starting early. Make sure to send us an invite!!

Karen said...

Getting married is the best part of life! I had so much fun planning for my wedding! It would be so much fun to do it all over again. =) It was fun to feel like a pretty princess! March 3rd is coming quick. So exciting!!! =)

Ashley and Dustin said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited for you! You haven't updated your blog forever, and I was waiting for a wedding update! Congrates~ We got married on March 1st and it was a great day, so pray for good weather! Post pics!!! Take care