Friday, June 29, 2007

My Holiday...CaNaDa!!!


Well...here we are (McKenzie and Bailee) in Canada! Yay! We both waited for this trip with much anticipation. I sorely miss my Buxton family who moved away last year on the 24th of July. They moved to Nova Scotia, Here we are in front of a beautiful lighthouse! Haha. Well we did quite a bit of touring Halifax. There was so much to do. Here's the highlights of my trip:

Queensland Beach



The beach was extremely pretty and really fun. It was a pretty hot day. Travis got in the water and tried catching some fun ocean creatures. Bailee and the girls played in the sand and dug a big hole for no apparent reason. I laid out and fell asleep and oh yeah...I got burned, baby burned! OUCH

Public Gardens



Public Gardens were so beautiful. I took ever so many pictures of the most random things. The funniest thing that I learned about these Gardens is: There was a man who was accused of a crime and was hung to death. Later on, they found new enlightened evidence that they had had the wrong man. So, to make up for their blunder, they named a pond after him, which is in the public gardens. Funny, huh!

Peggy's Cove



This is one of the most photographed lighthouses in the world and also well-known. This was probably one of the most exciting things that I did on my trip. The beach is not a normal beach with sand and all. The beaches at Peggy's Cove are all white rock. And...it is everywhere. There were hills up and down galore! I had a tremendous amount of fun climbing them with Madison, Brooklyn and Ba. I simply loved it!

Prince Edward Island (P. E. I.)





Anne (with and E), Anne, and more Anne. P. E. I. was all about Anne as you can tell. Every single gas station, super market, high school, etc... was related to Anne. It was great though. I have wanted to come here since I was a wee thing, and I finally did. It was great and beautiful. The house above is the house that Anne of Green Gables (the book, not the movie) is based on. The house they filmed the movie in is located somewhere in Ontario, but they filmed some of the outdoor scenes in P. E. I. I had a lot of fun walking down by the famous red sand beaches that the province in known for. We toured the Anne's house and also the authors house. There were many things down town in Charlottetown. They had a live band singing in French, as they were from Quebec. They were really amazing. I walked along the harbor and visited many cute shops. Best of all was the COWS Ice Cream shop; it was tasty. There is actually a cows ice cream in Park City, Utah; it will be on my To Do List next time I visit!!!

8 comments:

Beckey said...

What a great post! I love it! I am so glad you guys are having fun!

Anonymous said...

wow

Anonymous said...

wow!I hope you have fun up here with us.Canada is very fun.Love you lots!

Love,
maddie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! See you Monday! Love ya! Brady

Anonymous said...

Hey Sister,
YAY!! You love me! lol, I am glad that you were okay with me coming to Canada! I have enjoyed this trip with you also! I love you Sister Fish!!

Anonymous said...

My fireworks on my blog obviously weren't ours, i put it there as an example of the fireworks that exploded out of the water. But you were right about one thing, i am fluent in Japanese. lol, I love you sister, and i like your blog too! Love Ba Chin

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

paqogomez said...

Hola! Quiero hablarte sobre camisas personizados! (Just kidding!)

Heya, this is Chad from HP @ BN. Looks like you're having fun in Canada! Doesnt it suck that Nicholas Flamel dies?!? hehe.. how bout Harry and Ginny gettin it on! Thats pretty heavy for a kids book.

Thanks for the link to ellie's blog. I've got to go, I've got a big bag of Golden Smacks I've got to get through.

Rub your weinus for me!