Wednesday, September 24, 2008

April

So, I have decided to catch up "McKenzie Style" and post the highlights since April. Here we go...Logan Jackson was born on the 5th of April 2008, exactly one month before Braxton's birthday. Here is a picture of me holding him! So cute.
I went to the NCTM conference held in Salt Lake City. I hasn't been here for about 15 years. NCTM stands for National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. Yes, I was super nerdy and went to that. It usually costs a lot of money to get into the conference, like $250 but I went as a volunteer, so I got in for free. I went to a lot of classes that I learned a lot from. Many of the older adults were interested to hear my views on the things I have been recently learning in school about how to teach Mathematics in the schools today. I actually voiced my opinion quite a bit during these meetings with some of the best mathematical minds in the U.S. I actally knew some of these peoples names in articles I have read for school. It was really neat. This is a picture of me and Matt and Brother Petersen. Haha...he is one of my favorite professors.
This is a picture of the family the day of the Super Bowl. It was a fun Sunday. I played with the kids outside and jumped on the tramp, etc.
Bailee and Duck Duck. I can't remember when exactly she got him, but this was a cute picture nonetheless.

2 comments:

Beckey said...

Ahhhh....Duck Duck. He once was so tiny. What happened to your post of the little Chinese buy singing Hey Jude? I can't believe I just commented on freakin' 8 posts! Thanks again for updating. I love it just so I feel like I am part of the fam still. Love you tons!

McKenzie Ann said...

I deleted that post, it said that the video had been removed from you tube, but I found it the other day. Oh well. Of course you're still part of the family. It seems weird that you are so far away, it doesn't seem like you are because I talk to you guys so much. Love ya tons. Tchau.