Wednesday, September 24, 2008

June

Everybody...this is Deven Jay Garner! This picture was taken on one of our date to temple square. We were going to go iceskating that day, but by the time we got to Bountiful, it wouldn't have been worth the while to go. Instead, we went to Salt Lake and saw the Joseph Smith movie and walked around the beautiful temple grounds and got some fun pictures. After that, we went to IHop.
This is one of the flowers on temple square.
Happy Birthday Easton. I love your guts. This is the BIG 8!!! Pictures from the party...



Well...I won't go into the story in detail, but here is a picture of me with all the recall cards that DID NOT EVER GET SENT OUT from February till the end of May becaue of some slacker. I had to pick up the slack and try to catch the office back up on their recalls because the schedules looked like crap. Haha...not really. I was not too happy about it.
This was a random picture that I look at Lagoon (featuring me,Ba, Parker and Max's hands)
This is my friend Kira. I met her at that camping trip back in May. She is such a sweetheart. Beneath that is a picture of some girls that I met at a play. Janet, David, Parker, Haleigh, Brock, Mom, Dad and I went to "Saturday's Warriors" the play at Roy High School for family home evening. These girls were sitting in front of me. I heard one of the girls call the other Bailee. I told her that I had a sister named Bailee. I then asked her what her name was and sure enough it was McKenzie. Cute huh?
FINALLY...after much anticipation. I get my call. Hope you enjoyed watching this since you couldn't be there except on the phone. I am actually sad that I didn't show more emotion while opening my call. I assure you that I was way more excited than I seem here. It was approximately five o'clock in the morning and Thursday June 19, 2008. I was told that it would come that Wednesday. I waited and waited and waited. It never came. Mom even went out in her care and tracked down the mail lady and asked her to look for the envelope. She did, but couldn't find it. We thought that maybe it would still come, but no go. I was bummed. I stayed at Janet's house that night because I was watching Riley while they were on their vacation. I got woken up around 4:30 by Courtney I think. They had called the Post Office and they told them they could come pick it up. I got woken up and was directly handed my call. I got Riley and took him to my house. Mom, Dad, Brett, Brady, Courtney, Becky, Bailee and Riley were there when I opened it. I hope Grandma Smith was there as well! We also had numberous people on the phone while I opened it...Beckey and Travis, Troy, and Amy. Maybe there were a few more, I can't remember. Everyone made their guesses to where I was going. I opened it and read it to myself first then read it aloud. My intuition was correct. For some reason, I knew that I would not speak French but I had a feeling that I would go out of the country. I immediatly starting loving the idea of Brasil! Haha...I had never heard of Rio de Janeiro before as you can see I didn't know how to pronouce it. Lol. I had decided that after opening my call,whoever in the family that could go...I wanted to go eat the closest food possible to what they eat there. Mom, Dad, Court, Becky and I went to eat at the Braza Grill. I learned my first Portuguese word there...Thank you which is Obrigada (for girls) and Obrigado (for boys). It was a fabulous day.
Before opening my call.
THE ACTUAL CALL. Signed by President Thomas Spencer Monson
The family
Me at the Braza Grill holding the flag of Brasil. Yay!

6 comments:

Beckey said...

Wow, that one was a long one too.

Hello Deven...thanks again for cutting up fruit for Mason's blessing!

Nan, Mom is crazy. She hunted down the mail lady??? That seems like so long ago that you got your call. You still have 5 weeks before you leave too. Crazy... The girls are going to miss you so much when you leave. Not that they can see you now, but they won't be able to talk to you. We'll have to write lots!!! Will you be able to e-mail on your mission? Or do we have to send letters? Love you!!! Thanks for updating. It makes me feel like I am still part of the family even though I am as far away as I possibly can be on the same continent!!!

bRADy rEEVEs said...

Wow!!!! Big blog, but it was fun seeing it...even though you've already shown me almost everything that was on there. No your pictures are on my computer too. :) Love you! Oh, and who cares how much emotion you showed, that doesn't matter, and not showing much emotion doesn't mean anything. Love you!

McKenzie Ann said...

Beckey, I will tell Deven that you said thank you. Did you see my countdown until I leave? I will not have access to email while in the CTM (which is the MTC) but after I am out of the CTM I will be able to do email. I have heard of this website called www.dearelder.com, I know that it is free for the missionaries in the Provo MTC, but I do not know how it works outside the US or if it even does. Basically what it is...you type your letter and send it into the website people, then people print it out that day at the MTC and deliver the paper to the missionary. It might just be a Provo thing. I have used it with my friend Ambre' who is in Provo right now. I'll have to check into it and let you know.

McKenzie Ann said...

I know I don't have to show emotions but it would have made a better video. Haha. JK. We really still need to make that music video before I leave, but I know that you don't have much free time on your hands. So it is okay that we don't. It would be fun though. Love you Brady.

Beckey said...

I can't see a video...it's not working for me. I didn't even know there was a video until I read Brady's comment.

Beckey said...

Okay, I had to actually click on the empty space that I see on your post and then your video popped up. That was weird watching it because I wasn't there but I was on the phone so it was like deja vu but not really. Does that make sense?